Picture: Roy Bartle, BCAA Member
|See Map below and/or Map Book page 12 – Buy a Map Book.
The Environment Agency website details water levels at Bainbridge (2 miles upstream of Worton Bridge), with regular updates.
BCAA has two lengths on this water – one on the left bank and one on the right bank.
Right Bank – Top Limit ½ mile upstream of the bridge; bottom limit at the weir about ½ mile below the bridge.
Left Bank – Top limit at Paddock Beck; bottom limit ¼ mile upstream of bridge.
Introductions to this fishery
David Brown, the BCAA Watcher at this fishery, has kindly offered to accompany existing or prospective BCAA members, to introduce them to this fishery, and to advise on tackle and tactics.
If you’d like to take advantage of this offer, then please phone David on 01524 412258 (please note the new number) to arrange a mutually convenient date.
1. This water open for fishing from 25th March to the following 14th March.
2. Fly Fishing only from 25th March to 30th September (during the trout season).
3. Fly- or worm-fishing only – NO other baits allowed.
4. All hooks to be barbless or de-barbed.
5. No digging for worms on the river bank.
6. Wading allowed at all times
(Map and key: Bernard Cracknell)